Expand your knowledge of venous and lymphatic disease through this comprehensive two-day lecture series.
Our experienced faculty will review the essentials of venous and lymphatic disease and its care. In addition to providing a well-founded base knowledge of field, the course also prepares participants to sit for the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABLVM) certification examination. Learn more about ABVLM certification and its benefits.
Who is this course for?
New physicians to the venous field who want a detailed presentation of the core curriculum of phlebology
Physcians looking to sit for the ABVLM certification examination
Experienced physicians in venous care looking to update their expertise
- Describe normal venous anatomy and nomenclature
- Summarize normal and abnormal venous hemodynamics and the derangements associated with chronic venous
- Identify lymphatic anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
- Explain the epidemiology, presentation and morbidity of venous disease
- Assess the performance and interpretation of necessary diagnostic exams including duplex ultrasound
- Discuss acute venous thrombosis and acute venous thrombosis risk factors
- Diagnose, treat, or refer superficial thrombophlebitis, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Determine the therapy for acute and chronic venous disease including indications, contraindications, risks and
|MD, FAAD, FAVLS